Cordless screwdriver - the latest addition to my tool kit



A cordless screwdriver was a perfect gift from my brother-in-law who just returned from Indonesia and is the latest addition to my tool kit.  I thought I was fine with the set of screw drivers that I had, but I was completely wrong. I just realized how much more convenient a power tool like this can make my life. I have been playing with it for the last couple of days and the  tool is really handy. I tried using it in place of the allen key wrench and it works like a charm. What I love is that it has driver bits for all possible screw heads and that means I do not need to keep track of each of the wrenches and hand drivers. I still feel that pre-drilling a pilot hole is essential as I was not able to generate enough power to directly drill the screw in. Maybe I need a self-drilling screw for that.
electric Cordless screwdriver
Cordless screwdriver, with the drill bit set
That said, it certainly eases the effort required by at least a good 40-50% and now am eagerly looking forward to work on my next project.

Here are some facts about this cordless screwdriver :
  • Rotates slower (180 RPMs) than the usual electric drill
  • The tool is strictly for running screws and bolts. It is not a drill
  • This one is single speed and rotates in both clockwise and anti-clockwise direction
  • Completely a DIY tool and unsuitable for professional and everyday prolonged use
  • It is not bulky. It is just as big as the size of my outstretched palm
  • Very easy on the hands and is completely safe to use, considering its lower RPM
  • It is battery operated and the power cord is for only charging the battery
  • Operates at 240V eliminating the need for a voltage step down transformer
  • Comes with 6 twist bits and 17 screwdriver bits 
Don't you think gifting something related to your hobby is a very thoughtful act ? I always ask for a tool when someone asks me what I need as a gift. What do you ask for ? Share your thoughts.

Did you like this post ? Enter your E-mail address and join our growing E-mail list

You may also be interested in



To stay updated about our latest projects and product launches,




4 comments:

  1. I have read your article post. thank's for sharing & tips. I like cordless screwdriver tools. My favorite is the cordless screwdriver. Its always great to find good honest practical content. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These drills are often smaller voltage drills, with smaller sized bits and chucks which allow finer adjustments and slower motor speeds.work sharp 3000

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant blog! I'm very happy with the comments!.. Best Cordless Drills

    ReplyDelete

Know more about us

About Us
Reviews
Media
Our showroom location
Return and refund policy
Review us on Google

Connect with us


Mail us
Subscribe to our newsletter

Our Address :
Woodooz Home Decors,
3/371, First floor,
Metukuppam, Thoraipakkam,
Old Mahabalipuram Road (OMR),
Chennai - 600097.
Ph : +91 9884070470
Email : contact@woodooz.com
Created By SoraTemplates & MyBloggerThemes